12/30/09

Winter Part3 ! (and a little somethin' about this past year)



So here it is, Winter Part3... These were taken Christmas day! I had so much fun this Christmas! God has blessed me with such wonderful Family and Friends! Many things have happened in the past year that could be considered spectacular and I have done many things in the past year that could be considered crazy, "special", or just plain silly. But hey, it's life, and I love it!

Here are some of my favorite memories from 2009, not in any special order! (Click on the link to see pictures/videos!)

1)Last years New Years Eve Party! Probably one of the funnest party's I've ever been to! Lots of laughs! Guitar hero, random stuff :)

2)I Heart Prinville/I Heart Sisters
God has used the heart campaign to touch so many people and it's blessed me to be a part of the I Heart events! At I heart Prineville, we got to pray with tons of individuals, not only at the concert but out on the streets, to receive Jesus... Through these outreaches, God has opened my heart more and more and has taught me how to better love the lost. I love Jesus so much!

3)Spring Break Coast Trip!
Probably one of my favorite trips, in a long time.... CLC packed their bags and headed to the coast for a week of blissful fun. We had no rotations, no responsibilities, no homework, and we got to get away from Bend, hallelujah! We played guitar hero, watched movies, hung out at the beach, climbed a massive (and by massive, I mean MASSIVE!) sand dune, some people were drug into the ocean, and best of all, it was the beach... I love the beach!



4)40 Days. For 40 days during April and May, I set aside time to seek the Lord in a way I've never done before. He spoke to me so much and gave me direction and instruction and wisdom. It's something I want to do every year now!

5)MTI Nights! All I have to say about that is this: Andrea, you saved us all with your drawings! Ha ha, no, actually I loved MTI. The lessons taught me so much and our practicum group was amazing! Shout out to Drew and Tami!


6)Adopt A Block and Dream Kids. I loved connecting to other people in our community who needed to feel the love of Christ. I know that what we did not only impacted the here and now, but eternity as well.

7)Cascade Life Commission Graduation! Even thinking back to it now, I get all teary! I remember just how much God did last year and all that he's continued to do and I love it! I've watched my very best friends grow closer to Christ and there is almost nothing that gives me greater joy! Love, love, love!!!!

8)Mexico! All I can say is WOW :) God showed me a lot about my character that I need to change! I was able to help lead worship at the Griggs' church the three weeks I was there. It was very refreshing to get away for a while, even though I will admit that I missed my friends very much! We had a healing conference and countless people were healed emotionally and physically and spiritually. It was amazing!

9)Summer Camp. Relationships rebuilt. Students changed. Families changed. Eternity impacted.

10)New Friends! Getting to know Hope and her family has been so much fun! Hopefully many more good times in 2010!

11)Encounter
God is amazing!

12)I Heart Bend 2

13)The many Ice Skating Adventures!


14)Going to pick up the Africa team from the airport

15)Getting my hair cut short!

16)Knowing the Love of Christ in new ways, every day.

17)Our end of the year party out at the Parsons, water fights and all! (ps. thanks to the Parsons for opening their home to us all the time, you guys are amazing!)

18)Getting a Dog! I love Lola!

19)Moving, again. (and hopefully the last time for a while, sheesh)

20)Starting 2nd year CLC!

21)Getting a job at a daycare.

22)I started going to the Deckers small group in July and have ever since. I love it so much there!

23)Having contact with my real father for the first time and getting to know him more.




There is so much more that happened in this past year, but to list them all would probably bore you if you haven't already been bored, ha ha :)

Thanks to everyone who made this year as wonderful as it was.

You all mean so much to me!

I pray that this new year brings new joys, loves, passions, challenges, ideas, seasons, and most of all, a new start.

I love you!
















All Smiles,
Elyxis

No comments: