4/14/09

Day 2

The Lords Call:
"Now go and smite Amalek and utterly destroy all they have; do not spare them, but kill both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and donkey."
Saul's response:
"Saul and the people spared Agag and the best of the sheep, oxen, fatlings, lambs, and all that was good, and would not utterly destroy them; but all that was undesirable or worthless they destroyed utterly."
Saul was anointed by God to lead the nation. He had all he could ever need. From the outside, he looked put together, wise, and powerful. Unfortunately for Saul, his heart was not so. Partial obedience robbed Saul of his anointing, authority in the natural kingdom and ultimately robbed him from having influence in THE Kingdom.
"...Because you have rejected the word of the Lord, He also has rejected you from being king."
His heart was rotten! Much like a contaminated river, if his heart was full of the poison of selfishness, greed, lust for power, and the need for independance from God, no matter how clear that river appears or how smoothly it flows, it is still full of poison and it is leathal.
"But the Lord said to Samuel, Look not on his appearance or at the height of his stature, for I have rejected him. For the Lord sees not as man sees; for man looks on the outward appearance, but the Lord looks on the heart."
My Response:
What in my own life has God asked me to kill, that I have refused to kill completely?
Jesus, forgive me for being disobient. God I want all that You have for me. Please reveal what I need to change. I pray against any selfish desires in my own heart and ask that you would replace them with an obedient spirit and attitude. Jesus you were obedient to the point of death on the cross... I am so far from that! I pray that I would be one who obeys, no matter what the cost is. Examine my heart and try me and see if there be any evil way in me. Jesus I am all yours. Thank you for your love and grace. I claim your grace over my life and hide in the shadow of your wings knowing that I am safe there. I love you Father. Amen.

2/40
Elyxis

No comments: