4/13/09

Day 1

So I will be embarking on a 40 day journey and today was day 1. God has called me to set aside these next 40 days for very specific reasons and has asked me to seek Him diligently for those things. I will try to record thoughts from my days (or weeks, if I don't get around to doing this each day) and I hope that through it, God will speak to you as well! Here we go...

Day 1:
The thief has come to steal, kill, and destroy.
Can I hear a "Duh."
I have found, after one short day of this journey, that the enemy is already trying to steal what God is trying to do. And you wanna know what I say to that? Bite me! Satan can try all his sly tricks he wants to, but I know that my God is so much bigger. Today has really been a rough day, I'm not gonna lie. Satan has come in the area of relationships and tried to ruin friendships that I hold very dear... and I'm not going to stand for it. Not only is the enemy aware of what I'm doing, but so is my flesh. My own pride and anger and selfishness have been working overtime today! Gosh dang it! I'm getting more angry as I type this because I know that there is so much I could be doing way better. But I know that Christ is made strong in my weaknesses.
Lesson learned today:
If I live in the Spirit I will not satisfy or gratify the desires of my flesh.

1/40
Elyxis

No comments: