12/29/08

This Year in Review...



Wow! This year has gone by really fast! So much has happened and it is amazing to look back and see where I thought I would be and where I actually am. This time last year, I was in high school, completely stressed out about trying to get all my graduation requirements in and totally unsatisfied with my life. A year ago, we moved into our house (the first house that I actually loved) and it felt like we were getting a fresh start. Let's see what has happened since the beginning of 2008:

  • 2 moves for our family(3 for me)
  • 2 cousins moved in, then moved out
  • 2 online classes completed
  • a total of 12 credits earned in one school year (normally you can only get 8)
  • 1 trip to San Fransisco
  • 33 friendships made and built with some amazing Life Skills students at Bend High
  • First time being on the worship team
  • 1 small group (Yeah Katie!)
  • 3 roomates since last year (Michelle, Stacia, and currently my Mom...)
  • Tons of relationships built
  • A few lost...
  • 1 Graduation from High School
  • 1 car accident
  • 1 hospital visit
  • 1 trip to Nampa Idaho
  • I learned to play the guitar
  • 1 trip to Playa del Carmen
  • 3 Billion Miracles
  • 1 little bobble head turtle bought from Mexico
  • 1st time in warm ocean water
  • 1 job aquired
  • 1 job lost
  • 2 difficulty levels gained in Guitar Hero
  • I started Cascade Life Commission
  • I moved out on my own for the first time
  • 1 Encounter with God that tore through my whole life
  • About 5,498,076 more encounters with God since then, and still counting
  • 1 God who has shown me His love and Mercy and is changing me
  • 1 prayer life reignited
  • 1 new hair color
  • 12 different haircuts
  • 1 time trying to be hardcore (it didnt work out that well!)
  • 4 new friends discovered in CLC
  • 9 old friends to grow with
  • 1st time leading worship
  • 1 old mindset exchanged for a new one
  • 10ish classes in CLC so far
  • 1 newish oldish mentor gained (Yeah Katie agian, and by old, I dont mean age!)
  • 1 new found respect for the maintainance people at the church
  • About 58 really embarrassing moments that mostly include me tripping
  • 1 very bestest friend found (Andrea...)
  • 1 I Heart Bend
  • A couple of tough situations
  • Way more good situations
  • 1 life transformed by the unending love of Christ...

And the list goes on and on.... ! I am a completely different person right now then I was a year ago and I am thankful for that! I can only imagine where I will be next year. God is changing me so much and I dont want Him to stop... Man oh Man! I love you all and I hope this new year brings things into your lives that will help you grow and change, because I know that's what I am looking forward too!

No comments: