12/27/08

Knock, Knock... Who's There?

"For you say, I am rich, I have prospered, and I need nothing, not realizing that you are wretched, pitiable, poor, blind, and naked. I counsel you to buy from Me gold refined by the fire, so that you may be rich, and white garments so that you may clothe yourself and the shame of your nakedness may not be seen, and salve to anoint you eyes, so that you may see. Those whom I love, I reprove and discipline, so be zealous and repent. Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and eat with him, and he with Me." Revelation3:17-20

There He stands. Jesus invites me to come in to Him. So many times I have told God with my actions that I am fine without Him..."I am rich, I have prospered, and I need nothing..." I can make it on my own. All along God is desperately trying to show me that without Him I am wretched, pitiable, poor, blind, and naked. Jesus shows me that if I will buy, at the cost of my whole life, His gold refined in the fire, His white garments, and His anointing salve, I will gain my life back, in Him. His pure Gold refined by the fire is character and wisdom. The White Garments are purity and righteousness (right standing with God). The Anointing Salve for me to see is to open the eyes of my understanding of God. If I would only open up to Him! A Life lived in Jesus is the only one I want to live. I know this can sound so cliche, because we hear it so often... "Give God your whole life, let Him have control, open the door to your heart!" I know I have heard it enough! But what if the hearing actually turned into doing?

"Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and eat with him, and he with Me."

No comments: