7/18/09

A Common Theme... Peace, Trust, Waiting, Protection, Strength

"You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you. Trust in the Lord forever, for the Lord, the Lord, is the Rock Eternal." Isaiah 26:3-4
"I, the Lord, watch over her; I water her continually. I guard her day and night so that no one may harm her." Isaiah 27:3
"May the God of peace... equip you with everything good for doing his will, and may he work in us what is pleasing to him, through Jesus Christ, to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen." Hebrews 20a-21
"In repentance and rest is your salvation, in quietness and trust is your strength, but you would have none of it. Yet the Lord longs to be gracious to you; he rises to show you compassion. For the Lord is a God of justice. Blessed are all who wait for him."
Isaiah 30:15,18
"The fruit of righteousness will be peace; the effect of righteousness will be quietness and confidence forever." Isaiah 32:17
"O Lord, be gracious to us; we long for you. Be our strength every morning, our salvation in time of distress... He will be the sure foundation for your times, a rich store of salvation and wisdom and knowledge; the fear of the Lord is key to this treasure." Isaiah 33:2,6

God has been teaching me so much this past week! He has shown me a lot about myself and has started reteaching me a few things that I have forgotten. I realized today just how easy it is to get caught up in the affairs of this world, as I looked back on the past few months of my life. Most of my friends are gone in Africa right now... which means it's just been me and God. I went through all of high school as "just me and God", but since CLC, a whole family has been added to my life. Slowly, without even realizing it, I somehow became uncomfortable with just me and God. It's not that I didnt have a personal relationship with him or that I didnt pray or worship or anything like that... it's that I got so used to doing it with others, that I forgot how to do it alone. God has taken me through a journey this past week and has shown me how to trust in and wait on and persue him, on my own. I've gone through some mixed feelings about Africa, mainly that I really want to be there. But God has shown me that one of the reasons I'm not there, was so that I can relearn how to put ALL my hope and ALL my joy and ALL of my everything back in Him. He's taken me on long walks and bike rides and has helped me to find my identity in Him again. To be completely honest, before now, I found a lot of my happiness and peace in my friends, not God. I'm slightly embarrassed about this, but it's just the truth. I'm thankful God is showing me this now in my life and not later. This lesson will carry on through my whole life: with other friendships, with my marriage, and with my family. I CANNOT rely on these things or others to satisfy me, it all has to be in God's hands... not that these things are bad, but God created me to trust him. I dont even know if this post made any sense, but there it is. That's what's been going on. I hope all you all out there are having a good summer! Will post again soon!

Starting over (again),
Elyxis :)

No comments: