8/18/08

rain.



I love the rain. There is just something about it that makes me joyous. I love the smell of rain, you know, that fresh, wet, cool smell. I love the feeling of rain, how it seems to wash my cares away. I really love the sound of rain, because it always cools my jets. It does not make me depressed, as it does some. Others might say that the clouds and thunder make them feel sad, but not me... I feel exhilarated. I love how rain looks as it hits water. The rain falls into the water and it sends back up another little droplet. I just love it!
The best part of rain, for me at least, is that it reminds me of the timely presence of God. He is fresh, and he refreshes me. He makes me forget about circumstances, even when they seem impossible. He always cools my jets... because yes, I do get frustrated with life. He exhilarates me. When His presence falls into me, another little droplet of me is forced out. Rain usually doesn't come without a strom though...
I don't know about you, but I find that it is when times are the hardest that I feel God the nearest. God is always with me, I know that, but there is something about storms that make me long for rain, and more of it. I want the rain. Rainy seasons are the ones I long for, the ones I wait for.
Rain doesnt only effect the place it lands. Whether it's in soil, where seed is watered, or whether it's in water, where ripples go out and stir the water, rain brings change... I love the rain.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Definitely a great perspective. Awesome!