8/3/08

Forgetfulness




Today God showed me something. It is very important to me.

"The mountains tremble and quake before Him and the hills melt away, and the earth is upheaved at His presence - yes, the world and all that dwell in it." -nahum1:5

I'm just gonna get real raw and honest here: I have been making it about me, and by it, I mean life. I had forgotten that it is all about God. I know this is a simple and almost cliche thing that we all hear all the time. "It's all about God" I hear it 3 gazillion times a day. Today as I sat reading my bible in between services God spoke to me, He showed me something, He told me something...

"I love you, but what about Me? Do you love me? Have you forgotten who I Am? I miss the times with you where you trembled and quaked and melted before My Presence. The mountains and hills fear me, that's nothing... I want you to fear me."

I sat there thinking, "Why am I so... ahhhh!" I was dissapointed in myself. I had to face myself, my hearts' condition. Time and time again I have said, "God, take all of me... take my heart, my mind, will and emotions..." I have said it all, but have I done it all?

God reminded me of my forgetfulness. My failure to remember who my God Is. He can freaking make the earth upheave because of His presence! I had become numb to His presence. Weariness can take a tole on a person... I know that first hand. But God reminded me that HE does not become weary, and that He is always right beside me. I can lean on Him, in fact, I'm supposed to.

God is good. Even though today I was dissapointed in myself, God wasn't. He loves me. It's hard for me to comprehend that my failures and weaknesses open the door for God to be strong and victorious and loving towards me. It's a humbling path to run.

Today I remembered. I sacrificed my forgetfulness at His feet. It felt really good, but more than that, I know that God was singing over me the whole way, He was dancing all around me. I felt Him. It was more important to me than anyone could probably ever know.



Thanks for letting me be very honest with you. Sometimes God lets us bite the dust so that we can remember. All I know is that the dust is sweet to taste when I am with my God. Thank you God...

No comments: